Sunday, March 29, 2009

No sleep for you! Again.

And here it is, once again, Sunday night at almost 11. I should be getting ready to go to sleep, and instead, I browse away on the interwebs, looking for deals on Venture Brothers dvds (thanks for that, Rusty). I have a paper that is due for my class tomorrow night, and I'm browsing the Lindt website drooling over Stracciatella truffles (my current obsession, which I just discovered they have bags of at Target. Eeee! Cheap and close by!). I have one paragraph written out of two pages. I have zero desire to write the thing, and so I practice my mad procrastination skillz as it gets later, and later, and later; soon, it will be midnight, and I'll be so tired I want to cry, and the paper will still not be finished. *sigh* Perhaps, one day, I'll learn to stop doing this to myself.

Meanwhile, I am by the way exhausted because I did mad running this weekend: Friday night, to dinner at sis & b-i-l's, then to my sweet Xtine's for Dollhouse. Saturday, lots of errands and a aurprise 50th birthday party for an old and dear friend. And then todya, I volunteered at my company's fundraising event (the Chocolate World Expo. Boy, that was a rough gig, let me tell you... loads of vendors selling all kinds of great chocolates, samples galore, not to mention local wineries, breweries, restaurants, and candy makers. Oh, and pickles!). So, fun, but tiring; I had to get up at 7:30! On a Sunday! It's for a good cause, and worth it.

Well, now it's definitely 11 p.m. and I am still nowhere near finished. Damn! I'd better get crackin' if I'm gonna finish this thing and get some sleep. Good night, blogging world! Sleep tight, don't let the ... you know, I can't even finish that thought. It's gross. I don't have bedbugs, therefore there will be no biting. Only delightful dreams of chocolate, and perhaps Tamoh Penikett. Covered in said chocolate. Mmmm chocolate covered Tamoh....

3 comments:

Lainey said...

I think you're like I am. Pressure and procrastination (mixed with a teeny, tiny bit o'laziness) makes for a better finished product.

I was totally with you on the Chocolate World Expo until the pickles...huh?...

PS: Look at all your follolers! You're quite poopular, Missy.

PPS: GET TO WORK!

Optimus Rhyme said...

Was there a Gummi De Milo? Please tell me you stole it!

Anna von Beaverplatz said...

Sadly, Lainey, my finished product was crap. That always used to work for me, but it seems to be changing, I need time now. Dammit! I liked it better the old way, where I tossed off an A paper in a couple hours the night before it was due.

Sadly, Optimus, there was no Gummi Venus de Milo. However, I did get some most delicious chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered bluberries, and chocolate covered pretzels. Everything is better covered in chocolate.