Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh, it's already been broughten.


Today's post is dedicated to the very beautiful Lainey Awesomeface Bobainey, who is illin' like a villain today. Get Well Soon, SugarTits!

Yes, it is No Whining Wednesday again, and here I am, trying desperately not to whine. I'm midway through my third week of being stupid sick, which is angering me. But, today is the first day in those 2.5 weeks that I actually feel pretty chipper, so yay! Go me. Also, I didn't get super angry at traffic today like I have been (I'm really, REALLY cranky when I'm sick. You can imagine the joy of my coworkers), so go me again!

In other news, Pajiba has announced the start of the Cannonball Read II: Electric Bookaloo: In My Pants: Not Without My Library Card: Mother May I Read With Danger for November 1st. I'm very excited about it! So much so that I started a whole separate blog just for my Cannonball Reviewing! The gist is this: You read a book a week for a year (or rather, 52 books in a year), and blog a 3-4 paragraph review of each one. Books have to be at least 200 pages, and there are no graphic novels allowed (and I think no children's books? I'd better get a bit more familiar with the rules...); I know they can be fiction or non-, and short story collections have to have at least six stories. Anyway, there are lots of awesome people joining in, and it's for a good cause (a donation to the college fund of a little guy who lost his mom, a Warrior Queen, to leukemia earlier this year. Plus, literacy, yay!). Please, check it out and also feel free to join in! I've got a list of about 20 books so far, all of which have been laying about the house in various states of un-read-ness. Feel free to give me suggestions, though I won't necessarily take them!

Meanwhile, classes are going strong still. Halfway through the semester (and I could've had three books for the Read with my Films & Literature class, but I think we'll be finished with the third before the Read begins, so only 2 from there. It's too bad, too, because I just finished The Virgin Suicides, and I have ...thoughts and feelings. Perhaps I'll blog about it anyway, as a practice review). Saw The Limey for the first time in my other class the other night, still love Terrence "Badass" Stamp. Possible more now. I've got a new niece on the way (just got a text that my sister-in-law was induced, so any time now!). So far, her name is Summer Austin. She'll be joining big sisters Sumayah Angel and Savannah Anne, who are both happy that she wasn't born on their birthdays (10/8 and 10/4 respectively) so they don't have to share.

So everything's pretty sweet, even if I am tired from the sickness, which I am NOT down with at all, by the way, thankyouverymuchDisturbed. And now, I'd better get back to work before I get fired and REALLY have something to whine about...

8 comments:

Spender said...

Well, dammit, get better and soon!
I too have the sickness but it isn't so bad this time around, so, y'know, yay.
Just wanted you to know that I'm looking forward to the reviews and that reading your blog is just about always a great way to be cheered up!

The Management said...

I'm really excited about the CRII:EBNWMLCMMIRWD.

I also hope you feel better and continue with the awesoemsauce that is Beaverplatzian wit.

Also, nice boobs.

Anonymous said...

what? i didn't get to see avb's boobs. i don't even know what she looks like! i just know how i imagine her, and that's only because i paint her unflatteringly in the best light (i know not to set myself up, she's probably a large black dude in a prison somewhere. actually, that's kinda hot.)
where was i?
oh right, what is it with you people and your illnesses. i've got a weakened immune system and i'm a damn ox! thank god y'all aren'y my friends in real life with your sniffling and sneezing. coming in here, coughin on me and paying for your liquor with with your snotty money. get the hell outta here!

jM said...

Yay for new younglings to corrupt!

I love Terrance Stamp and The Limey. It doesn't get as much attention as Soderbergh's other films.

Good thoughts and feelings about The Virgin Suicides or bad thoughts and feelings? I want to read it for Cannonball Part Deux and his other book Middlesex.

Eyvi Sprite said...

Regarding the title: I watched all the Bring It On! movies this weekend (there was a marathon on Thanksgiving Monday, I'm not sure how they justified that, but they did). Awe.Some. Although, I think I'm shy a few IQ points for it.

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. 3 weeks with a cold is a special kind of torture!

Lainey said...

Aww, you weren't even lying when you said you were going to dedicate your blog entry to me - I totally lie when I tell people that! Thank you and I hope you start feeling much better VERY soon.*

I AbV-solutely love the title you came up with for the CBR2! You just tickle me.

* If you're feeling better and you have codeine cough syrup, you should feel free to mail it to me. I'm just looking out for the environment since you're not supposed to pour stuff like that down the drain...seriously, it's for the environment.

Anna von Beaverplatz said...

OH, gp... if you were on the Facebook, you'd know my boobs are MADE OF WIN. Also, I am practically a supermodel, that's how hot I am.

jM, I liked the book. I saw the movie around a million years ago, and don't remember a single detail of it, but I really enjoyed the book (maybe that helped, actually). It's a bit on the odd side, but not in a bad way (I think). Some of the people in my class were a bit put off by it.

Eyvi, even that one with Hayden Pantywaist or whatever? That one is TERRIBLE. (Yet I watch it every time it's on, which is often.) The first one, however, is awesome. Plus, Jesse Bradford! Adorable!

Sadly, Lainey, I didn't get the codeine-y stuff this time. I got a non-narcotic gel caplet of some kind, which by the way completely prevents you from adjusting the dosage, and also doesn't work. And also is not as much fun. Otherwise, I'd totally FedEx it to you.

Aw, Spendy and Admin, you kids are the bee's knees. Or possibly the cat's ass (I don't know, ask Eyvi).

MelodyLane said...

Virgin Suicides is WEIRD. So is the book.